What are Hybrid Electric cars?
Hybrid Electric cars have both electric motor and a gasoline-powered engine.
Hybrid Electric cars consume less fuel and emit less CO2 than a comparable conventional petrol or diesel-engine vehicle.
Let us explain why hybrid cars are beneficial…
- Hybrid Electric cars have a better gas mileage consumption
- Better mileage and fuel efficiency is due to the fact that the electric engine is there to supply extra power.
- When driving at a low speed, only the electric motor will work.
- Saves a lot of gas.
Reduction of Toxins and Pollutants
- Hybrid Electric cars don’t release many pollutants in the air
- Normal conventional cars require an oil change after 3000 miles but for hybrid cars, there is no need to change the oil before 5000 or 6000 miles.
- Helps the environment
Uses Less Electricity
- There are many hybrid Electric cars which have the capacity to create their own electricity during times like braking and coasting
- Since they can produce their own electricity, there is no need to use up more natural resources.
- Reserves natural resources.
Example Model: Ford Fusion Energi
- Plug-in Hybrid.
- Powered by a rechargeable battery
- During braking, regenerative braking recovers more than 94 percent of this energy and sends it back for later use.
- SmartGauge with EcoGuide.
So now knowing a hybrid car can help save the environment, pollutes no toxins and can create their own electricity… What will your next car be?
Tweet us with your opinion on hybrid cars using the hashtag #HybridElectricCarsFord